UPDATE [March 11th, 2020] AdeptiCon is processing all the latest information around the COVID-19 virus. We are aware of the recent travel ban and that the State of Illinois is considering restriction on large scale events. We remain in direct contact with all the relevant parties and expect to make a final determination shortly. We understand that many of you have questions and concerns, and we appreciate the input and feedback we have received. We ask that you bear with us while we speak with all involved and gather the necessary information required to make a responsible decision. It cannot be stressed enough that our only priority is the safety and health of our attendees, volunteers, exhibitors, and staff. Thank you for your patience while we maneuver this very fluid situation.
AdeptiCon 2020 will take place as scheduled from March 25th-29th in Schaumburg, Illinois. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to rate the health risk of COVID-19 for the general American public as low at this time.
The health and safety of our attendees, staff, and volunteers is our top priority and AdeptiCon continues to closely monitor health and safety updates and recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC, as well as state and local health organizations.
AdeptiCon is working closely with the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel and the Village of Schaumburg to assess risks and develop an onsite readiness and reaction plan. Some of the measures the venue is taking include:
- Increased cleaning of high-volume, high-touch areas, such as door handles, and elevator buttons
- Maintaining a team of ambassadors that are fluent in first aid response
- Engaging with health departments at the city, state and federal levels to ensure we receive the latest updates and protocols
- Internally communicate critical information daily through our daily stand-ups and R Ways communication packets to all ambassadors and business partners to help prevent communicable sicknesses throughout the hotel.
- Maintaining an inventory of preparedness supplies and appropriate cleaning chemicals.
- Updating our guest room cleaning program to include CDC/Ecolab recommended products
- Increased public space cleanliness to include a dedicated public space cleaning team
- Proactively opening high-traffic doors, to decrease or eliminate guest touch points
- Posting reminders in “moment of truth” areas
AdeptiCon is working to have some prevention supplies on site, but we encourage all attendees to come prepared by packing items like hand sanitizer and tissues.
In the meantime, the CDC is recommending individuals receive the influenza vaccination and engage in everyday preventive measures to prevent the spread of germs and avoid illness, including:
- Staying home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
AdeptiCon requests that you stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing you should seek immediate medical guidance. Additionally, attendees or staff exhibiting any of the above symptoms onsite, should leave the event and seek medical advice promptly by calling ahead to a doctor’s office or emergency room to get guidance.
Additional information on travel, prevention and situational updates is available on the CDC website and the WHO website. All attendees are encouraged to check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices prior to departure.
We are looking forward to a safe and successful AdeptiCon 2020.
Addendum [March 6th, 2020]: Due to concerns surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), AdeptiCon is extending our Cart Credit policy by two weeks through March 20th, 2020.
Attendees can request their AdeptiCon 2020 registration fees be transferred into cart credit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This credit will be good towards the 2021 and 2022 events and the system will automatically apply that credit towards all future purchases until it is gone.
March 20th, 2020 is the absolute last possible day to request this credit. There will be no exceptions once this date passes.